10/01/2008

My Fall TV line-up...

In the past three years, I have gone from being totally anti-technology (I didn't even have cable) to being a total DVR addict. These are the shows I'm hooked on this season:
Lipstick Jungle- This was great last season, but from the first two shows of this season, I'm a little disappointed. I'm hoping they can get it together and pull off some good upcoming episodes. Regardless, let's face it, as long as Kirby keeps taking his shirt off, I'm pretty much gonna watch it.Private Practice- I just saw this for the first time tonight and decided to put it on the DVR schedule. I never watched Grey's Anatomy and don't plan to start. I guess this is a spin-off, but it doesn't seem like you have to know GA to get it, so I'm in. And, well, Taye Diggs is hot, so I'm staying tuned in.
90210- Ok, this is one I'm actually embarrassed to admit made the DVR schedule. I only watched the old 90210 for a couple of seasons, but I am hooked on this new one. What can I say... you can never get enough of high school catfights, make-out sessions, drug use, and anorexic actresses. And, of course, the guy who plays Ty is a total cutie, and if he went to my high school, I would have totally been crushing on him.
Project Runway- An oldie, but a goodie. Tim Gunn can be my style guru anyday.
How I Met Your Mother- I just love this show. I think it is witty, and well written, and I genuinely care about the characters. I think it is this decade's "Friends". Barney Stinson is "Lengend"..wait for it... "dary"!
The Biggest Loser- Families- This show is so inspiring. I think there is probably a bit of smoke and mirrors going on here, but I also think there is obviously, a lot of hard work and life transformations too. Bob is pretty cool and he doesn't kick the shit out of them like Jillian!

So, next to the Big and Little Monkey, these are the men in my life! (Yes, I realize this is extremely sad.)

What shows are you watching that I need to check out?

9 comments:

Mystery Man said...

I love "How I Met Your Mother" too. Usually watch it on the weekends when I catch up on stuff I missed. I could go on for days on the stuff that I watch...lol A couple of shows I would suggest, though, are "Pushing Daisies" and "Bones"

Dori said...

I love "Private Practice", "Lipstick Jungle", and "How I Met Your Mother" too. We are a bit behind on these shows over here, but I am loving them all. I also like watching "Heroes" and "Pushing Daisies". They just started showing the new season of "Heroes" here last night, so I hope that "Pushing Daisies" will be following along soon. :)

Ivanhoe said...

I love Project Runway! I also watch all CSIs, The Unit, and Two and a Half Men on CBS. Then Ugly Betty and GA on ABC :o)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm licking my screen...YUMMY, cute boys!

Toni said...

okay, I am also a Lipstick Jungle, Private Practice and How I Met Your Mother fan!!! And sadly many many more!

Later Gator said...

The Fringe, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Bones, and The Office are all favorites. Thank God for Tivo or I would never get to see any of them.

Ken said...

Addicted to: Heroes, Project Runway, Lipstick Jungle, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Eli Stonen (premieres next week), Weeds, Entourage ... and True Blood. I don't answer the phone on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. And I told my friends not to bother me during those nights :-).

AR said...

so love lipstick jungle, finally watched it late last night! what would we do with out our dvr's? B and I give each other a hard time about how I watch stupid stuff and he watches the smart stuff (history channel, how it's made, stuff like that....) we do like Grey's Anatomy, and ER together. I do like the reality shows and other stuff. Thank heavens for dvr, I watch way to much tv with dvr.

Anonymous said...

I'm watching 90210 this season too. I was a big fan of the first one. I like How I Met Your Mother. If that hot guy takes his shirt off all the time, I'm watching that show too! A friend of mine suggested Sons of Anarchy to me recently and I checked it out. It's kinda gritty, but I liked it. :)