2/24/2009

Goodbye Mardi Gras... We'll see you again next year.

Well, it is with some sadness that I announce Mardi Gras will officially be coming to an end within hours. We had a great season. I can't wait until next year when Little Monkey can really enjoy it. Our weekend was jam packed with festivities. We were invited to the Bacchus Rendezvous. This is the big party that is thrown at the Convention Center as the parade wraps up. The parade snakes into the Convention Center and all attendees get to watch it inside with no interruptions. I had never been before and we had a wonderful time. We got to dress in our finest formal attire and hobnob with the Bacchus royalty.(Me showing off my best catches from the floats)(Val Kilmer, King of Bacchus)
I leave you with one of my favorite Mardi Gras songs, "Ain't No Place To Pee on Mardi Gras Day". I agree that the image of the fishtank is a bit odd and doubt it is significant in any way, but the song is great!


Back to blogging about real life tomorrow.

2 comments:

HawgWyld said...

As an Arkansan, I can't help but be more than a bit jealous. Y'all know how to throw a party down there, for sure and certain. In these parts, "party" often means "let's get a bunch of liquor and stagger around a room."

Partying is a fine art in Louisiana, seemingly...

The Natural State Hawg!

Mike Golch said...

I echo what the State hawg said,you guys have parting down to a science.Hugs my friend.