2/01/2009

A Beautiful Day in the French Quarter

Saturday, my father and his friend, Ms. K, came into town and BM, LM, and I joined them in the French Quarter. After coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde, we were still hungry for some real food so we headed to the place that invented the best sandwich in the world, The Muffaletta. Central Grocery is an awesome little Italian deli and The Muffaletta is the best mix of bread meat, cheese and olives you have ever tasted.

After we were stuffed, we took some time to just relax in Jackson Square. The sun was shining, there was a nice breeze, and it was all around just a beautiful day. Little Monkey had a great time running around and playing on the lawn.

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Sara,we got a great place here in the Cleveland area that makes a mean muffaleta as well.I hope that you had a great weekend.

ModernMommy said...

Yum, Yum, and Yum. That sandwich is makin' me hungry. I noticed that they have muffaleta's at a local sandwich shop here, I didn't really know what it was but now I have to try it out!

Wendy said...

Oh, beignets..... mmmmmmmm. I want one of those sandwiches, too.