2/12/2009

Should Mardi Gras be declared a National Holiday?

Today, I received the following email:

Hi
News from NOLA!

Ive been reading your blog and can tell youre passionate about supporting the best New Orleans has to offer. I wanted you to know that Zatarain’s is sponsoring a petition to declare Mardi Gras a national holiday. We’d love for you and your readers to help by signing the petition at http://www.motionformardigras.com/

Best,

Liz Cron

For Zatarain’s

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about this. Lots of things make New Orleans special, but Mardi Gras is our shining star. Lots of other cities have little parties to commemorate Mardi Gras but nobody does it like New Orleans. Why would we want to dilute that by sharing it with the rest of the world? So, sorry, Zatarain's, I can't sign your petition, but I will share it with my readers and they are free to join your cause if they see fit.

BUT, I certainly love me some Zatarain's and would love to have you as an advertiser if you want to make an offer!


2 comments:

Mystery Man said...

I'm with you. Mardi Gras is one of the few things we have left down here. Not to mention, I like bragging to all my friends that don't live in La. how I have a Mardi Gras break...lol

Mike Golch said...

Mardi gras is whar makes New Orleans special for one thing.and that belongs to your city.every one has their own way of celebration Fat Tuesday. PUNCHKIES Any one??