8/25/2008

Break out the fireworks! Big Monkey is having a birthday...

Big Monkey has always thought his birthday should be declared a National Holiday, and in some ways, I guess he got his wish. Three years ago tomorrow, we were evacuating to Baton Rouge, only to have Katrina hit two days later ON Big Monkey's 30th birthday, August 29. So, of course now, we can never forget his birthday, or at least he doesn't let anyone! Big Monkey thinks the world should stop spinning on his birthday and everyone should stop to pay him homage. So, while I plan to do just that, I have a problem I need your help with...

My name is Sara, and I am a terrible gift giver! I never know what to get people and BM is the worst person to shop for. He has everything and, if he doesn't have it, and wants it, he just goes out and buys it for himself. So, this is where you come in. Please give me some ideas. Here are some hobbies and interests of Big Monkey...

*He likes computers, preferably Macs. He is totally biased against PC people.
*He collects vintage and fine pens.
*He likes baseball hats.
*He loves J Crew and Banana Republic.
*He owns a coffeeshop.
*He is a bit disorganized.
*He likes to vacuum (I got him a Dyson for last year's birthday and, although he liked it, he didn't think it was personal enough)
*He likes to plan home renovations, but not necessarily complete them, thus the unfinished bathroom you see here.

Hmm... I will think of some more and add them. So, what should I get him? Please, I really need help or I am in big trouble because he definitely has high expectations!

8 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Happy Birthday Big Monkey. Mike g. said that(It's an A.A.thing of mine)

Anonymous said...

give him a teddy bear hehe! :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe some software that helps him organize all his records and stuff in one place?

A subscription to a home improvement magazine?

Or King Monkey night...take him to his favorite place, cook him his favorite meal, watch his favorite movie, etc. :)

lina said...

I always have the same problem with Zaini. I'm such a terrible gift buyer/giver.

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

Later Gator said...

I think one of Mike's all time favorite gifts is the Leatherman Multitool he got one year. It's basically a pocket knife, screw driver, pliers all in one very compact pocket friendly tool. Good for a gadget loving guy.

Unknown said...

I say buy him a nice pen I would give you a recommendation but my brain is not working right now.

Sara said...

Thanks for all the ideas! I will let you know what I get after the bday. Thanks again.

Sara

Tina said...

if he collects pens, get him some more to add to his collection, or maybe a special case to keep them all in?