8/05/2008

I just dropped several notches on the mommy coolness scale!

Yesterday, I was in the car with the Little Monkey and he started to get grumpy, so I popped in one of his favorite kiddie CDs. He calmed down, we made it home, and that was that. Later in the day, I hopped in the car for a quick grocery run sans Little Monkey. After about five minutes, I realized I had been rockin' out to Frere Jacques like it is the next Rhianna single! When did kids music get so good? To save my reputation, I immediately looked around to make sure no one had seen me and turned on the radio.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just moved up on the cool scale mom! How's everything going? Aside from rockin it out to the baby tunes :-) I'm home from Africa for the next week and then I go to India for another 2 weeks! It's been a crazy summer but really great opportunities. Miss you all! Lots of love. miriam

Sasha said...

That happens to me every day after I drop the kids off at daycare. I get all the way to work and realize I am still listening to Laurie Berkner.

Bridget said...

There is definatly some rockin kiddo music out there!!

HawgWyld said...

I nipped that problem in the bud. Got my kids listening to the Beatles early in life.

Ah, yeah!

The Natural State Hawg

Unknown said...

LOL, you are a cool mama, not just maybe not a cool gal on your own???? Too funny, glad those days are behind me, now I am not cool if I am playing the wrong radio station.

Anonymous said...

I can't bring myself to buy a kids music CD. I just can't do it!